Happy New Year! Well, the Thai new year has just passed and we have a link to Songkran in Wednesday Rojak new year edition. This week, we also get whisked away to the people and architecture of Myanmar, sports in Thailand and some news for photography buffs.
- The Mon culture is featured in the Irrawaddy magazine
- Check out some elephant polo in Thailand
- Walter posts photos from a visit to Myanmar, with pictures of the Shwezigon and Shwedagon pagodas
- Photography buffs might be interested in the Angkor Photo Festival – submission deadline is on July 15
- We’ve just passed the Thai New Year – celebrated also in Myanmar and Cambodia. Read about Songkran in the ASEAN Travel Group
- Lee visits the My Son sanctuary in Vietnam
In this series of weekly rojaks (published on Wednesdays) Iâ€™ll feature other sites in the blogosphere that are related to Southeast Asia and archaeology in general. Got a recommendation for the next Wednesday rojak? Email me!
– Shwedagon: Golden Pagoda of Myanmar
– The Mons of Burma and Thailand, Volume I: the Talaings.
– The Mons of Burma and Thailand, Volume II, Selected Articles.
– Loy Kathong & Songkran Fesitval (Thailand Culture Series No. 5 Tes. 10)
– Cham sculpture of the Tourane Museum, Da Nang, Vietnam: Religious ceremonies and superstitions of Champa
– Temples of Champa in Vietnam =: Thap Cham Viet Nam
– The Kingdom of Champa;