… the meanwhile edition. Meanwhile? Yes, while much of the focus this past two weeks have been about the inscribing of the new World Heritage sites (including George Town, Malacca and Preah Vihear), life goes on in other parts of Southeast Asia.
- flsam continues his tour of the Angkor monuments, including Baphuon, Ta Keo, Angkor Wat and Ta Prohm
- Thet visits the of Myanmar, where many Buddha images are located
- Not archaeological, but may be of interest to readers. Orangutan populations in Sumatra and Borneo are declining faster than originally thought.
- Not Southeast Asia, but an archaeological find that will either leave you fleeing in terror or on your back with stiches. May your penis hurt when you make love!
- Andy Brouwer visits Wat Phu in Laos, a temple complex built around the same time of Angkor Wat
- Details are sketchy reflects on the recent Preah Vihear furore in the aptly-named Vihear and loathing
- While in Bali, the city of Ubud comes to a halt as the people prepare for the cremation of two members of the Ubud royal family