via Bangkok Post, 12 December 2019: Travel piece on the Barahom village near the Southern Thai town of Pattani, which has recently opened up to tourism. The village houses 400-year-old cemeteries of the Sultans of Pattani.
It is a name tinged with sadness, referencing the dead. Farida explained further that was because the village houses two royal cemeteries that belonged to the old rulers of Pattani. One is the cemetery of Raja Intera (Sultan Ismail Syah or Shah) who ruled from 1500 to 1530. He was the first Buddhist ruler who converted to Islam. The other royal kubo (Muslim cemetery), located nearby, was the final resting place of three queens who were the great granddaughters of Raja Intera. They ruled Pattani from 1584-1635.
Source: Our little corner of the world