So I’m enjoying my year-end break a little too much… and I’ll resume normal postings with the new year, once I get settled down again. For the last post of the year, here’s a roundup of the stories from the past two weeks. Happy new year!
- Police break up a , a protest against the government against the destruction of a forest.
- A team from Unesco surveys the .
- The restoration of the Bakong Wat is completed, after five years of work.
- Cambodia and Thailand come to a troop withdrawal agreement.(See also here and here.)
- The Jakarta Globe shines the spotlight on Sukuh and Cetho, two temples in Central Java.
- The Bangkok Post reviews a .
- Italy announces a grant to help safeguard the cultural heritage of Myanmar.
- The famous Temple of Dawn, Wat Arun, has been after post-flooding inspections.
- Unesco affirms its support for the restoration of Ayutthaya.
- The Thai Binh Province Museum gets a US Ambassador’s grant to restore some wooden artefacts.