This edition of rojak is an eclectic mix of tantalizing speculations about the hobbit’s role in linguistics, videos from Java and lego archaeology.
- Did contact with the hobbits lead to a simplification of Austronesian languages in Flores? BjÃ¸rn Ã˜stman expands on this interesting, but unprovable idea.
- The James Family who are taking a round-the-world tour spend a day in Angkor Wat.
- Take a walk through ancient Majapahit in this video of the Bajang Ratu gate in Trowulan.
- Andy pays tribute to Choun Nhiem, the sweeper of Ta Prohm.
- The 400-year-old Cebu Cathedral gets an interior refurbish – check out the grand new altar in the Heritage of Cebu blog.
- It had to happen sometime, after all, there was Lego Indiana Jones, wasn’t there? Someone’s put a cute set of photos on lego archaeology.
In this series of ocassional rojaks (published on Wednesdays) I feature other sites in the blogosphere that are related to archaeology in Southeast Asia. Got a recommendation for the next Wednesday rojak?Â Email me!