Tickets to a spectacular show about the history of Angkor and its modern discovery are selling like hot cakes, in time for the upcoming tourist season.
New show to take audiences through history of Angkor Wat’s ‘discovery’
The Phnom Penh Post, 04 September 2008
A new version of the show will run again during the coming peak tourism season. The lavish outdoor performance is called The Legend of Angkor Wat and subtitled “When History Comes to Life”. It will run for six weeks, from December 5, 2008, to January 31, 2009, at an under-the-stars venue set up inside Angkor Wat itself. Performances will be held nightly except Sundays, Christmas Eve (December 24) and New Year’s Eve (December 31).
While tickets are not cheap – $60 for standard and $80 for premium seats – sales through international agencies have already been brisk. In August more than 3,000 tickets were sold in Japan alone.
– Ancient Angkor (River Book Guides) by C. Jaques
– Angkor Wat: Time, Space, and Kingship by E. Mannikka
– Khmer Mythology: Secrets Of Angkor Wat by V. Roveda
– The Civilization of Angkor by C. Higham
– Angkor (New Horizons) by B. Dagens
– Le Temple D’Angkor Vat (Memoires Archeologiques / Publies Par L’Ecole Francaise D’Ex)