We’ve got a lot of Khmer culture and a spot of political intrigue in Indonesia coming up in this week’s mix of stories:
- Paul Schmeltzer brings us pictures from the Khmer temple of Phimai in Thailand.
- Currently based in Phnom Penh, Alison in Cambodia shares a recent article she wrote for Heritage Watch about The Royal Palace.
- An article in the International Herald Tribune discusses the furore in Solo, Indonesia over who is to succeed to the throne in the Surakarta Sultanate in a convoluted and tragically funny tale of court intrigue.
- Andy Brouwer writes about his taste of Khmer dance…
- and also about the 10th century Khmer temple Prasat Neang Khmau.
In this series of weekly rojaks (published on Wednesdays) Iâ€™ll feature other sites in the blogosphere that are related to Southeast Asia and archaeology in general. Got a recommendation for the next Wednesday rojak? Email me!