We visit Cambodia, Myanmar and Indonesia for some kite flying, coastal kingdoms and hobbits – all in this week’s edition of Wednesday Rojak!
- Adam in Cambodia shows an impressive miniature of Angkor Wat and the man who built it.
- Chea Sophorn introduces us to the ancient Khmer pastime of kite-flying.
- Learn about the ancient coastal region of Arakan, in Myanmar (Burma).
- Ruben Latre releases a trailer for an upcoming documentary, Angkor City of Gods.
- And, for anyone keeping track of the Flores Hobbit or homo floresiensis saga, Nick Carlton of Strange Corridor has a great summary of the story so far.
In this series of weekly rojaks (published on Wednesdays) Iâ€™ll feature other sites in the blogosphere that are of related to archaeology in Southeast Asia. Got a recommendation for the next Wednesday rojak? Email me!
[tags]Khmer kite-flying, Angkor miniatures, homo floresiensis, Arakan, Angkor documentary[/tags]