via Times Higher Education: Position open for researching Nanzhao and Dali material. Applications close 12 January 2021.
The Department of Arts seeks a Research Assistant to provide administrative, curatorial and project support for the International Research Centre for the History and Culture of Nanzhao and Dali Kingdoms, a collaborative project set up in 2019 between Northumbria University, Yunnan Provincial Museum and the Woon Brothers Foundation, Singapore.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work closely with partners in China and Singapore to develop an online database of Nanzhao and Dali material in museums around the world.
- Liaise with relevant museums and organise research visits to collections.
- Draft the annual report and assist with editing and coordinating relevant publications.
- Create and maintain a website in both English and Chinese.
- Assist in organising academic seminars, lectures and symposia.
- Support an international touring exhibition.
- Undertake personal research.
Fluency in English and a good working knowledge of Chinese is essential; experience of research projects relevant to art history, archaeology, museology or Chinese art would be desirable.