via Xinhua, 01 Sep 2019: Tourist numbers dropped again for a third straight quarter at Angkor, a fall attributed to the closure of zero-dollar tours in Cambodia.
Cambodia has seen an 11-percent decline in the number of foreign tourists to the famed Angkor Archeological Park during the first eight months of 2019, said an official statement on Sunday.
The ancient park attracted 1.55 million foreign tourists during the January-August period this year, down 11 percent over the same period last year, said the state-owned Angkor Enterprise’s statement.
It added that the Southeast Asian nation made gross revenue of 69.4 million U.S. dollars from ticket sales to the foreigners visiting the park during the first eight months of the year, a decrease of 11.8 percent over the same period last year.
- Angkor ticket sales $70M this year | Phnom Penh Post, 1 Sep 2019
- PM says fall in Siem Reap’s tourist numbers not a cause for concern | Khmer Times, 3 Sep 2019