via ABS-CBN News and other sources: The Balangiga Bells were taken by American forces over a hundred years ago.
Three church bells taken by American soldiers as war booty from Balangiga town, Eastern Samar in 1901, arrived in the Philippines on Tuesday.
The Balangiga Bells, seen by historians as a symbol of Filipino resistance to foreign invaders, were airlifted to the Philippine Air Force headquarters in Villamor Airbase.
They will be returned to Balangiga town later this week.
- US returns bells looted after Philippine wartime massacre | Reuters, via Channel NewsAsia, 11 Dec 2018
- US to return 3 bells seized from Philippines a century ago | AP, via Khaosod English, 11 Dec 2018
- The Journey of the Balangiga Bells | ABS-CBN, 19 November 2018
- The Bells of Balangiga: From war trophy to goodwill symbol | ABS-CBN, 17 November 2018
- Why US agreed to return Balangiga Bells after a century | ABS-CBN, 13 November 2018