An ostentatious display of national pride and ownership? Starting next year, stone incscriptions will be set up at the Cambodian World Heritage sites of Preah Viher and Angkor Wat to commemorate their inclusion into the world heritage list.
photo credit: Aarnout Helb
Phnom Penh Post, 14 November 2008
THE government has announced plans to inscribe Angkor Wat and Preah Vihear temples with the date that they were listed as Unesco World Heritage sites, officials say.
Phay Siphan, secretary of state at the Council of Ministers, said that the government will inscribe Angkor Wat in early January and Preah Vihear temple when the situation along the border is peaceful.
– Preah Vihear (Sri Sikharesvara)
– Preah Vihear (River Books Guides)
– Angkor Wat & Siem Reap Encounter (Best Of)
– Angkor Wat (Unearthing Ancient Worlds)
– In Search Of History – Forgotten City Of The Jungle (History Channel)