I might be away, but that didn’t stop me from preparing this edition of the Wednesday Rojak beforehand! Up this week:
More hobbit thoughts:
- Suvrat Kher wonders if the Hobbit was our ancestor.
- Julien Riel-Salvatore writes about the Hobbit wrists and new directions in the interpretation of the associated stone tools.
- MumbaiGirl posts about sunrises and elephants at Borobudur.
- A college history and geography tour visits the temples of My Son.
- Eon and Chantell’s round-the-world trip also brings them the My Son sanctuary and the ancient town of Hoi An.
In this series of weekly rojaks (published on Wednesdays) Iâ€™ll feature other sites in the blogosphere that are of related to archaeology in Southeast Asia. Got a recommendation for the next Wednesday rojak? Email me
– A New Human: The Startling Discovery and Strange Story of the “Hobbits” of Flores, Indonesia by M. Morwood and P. van Oosterzee
– Little People And a Lost World: An Anthropological Mystery by L. Goldenberg
– The Restoration of Borobudur (World Heritage Series)
– The Lost Temple of Java (History/Journey’s Into the Past) by P. Grabsky
– My Son Sanctuary by Nguyen Van Binh
– The Mysteries of Borobudur: Discover Indonesia Series by J. N. Miksic