via various news sources, 20 September 2023: Cambodia is celebrating the listing of Koh Ker Temple as a UNESCO World Heritage Site with nationwide events, including slideshows and drumbeats, aimed at fostering national pride and unity.
Mr Hun Manet also suggested the beating of drums in all major public places, including ministries and institutions in the capital, provinces and pagodas as well as in all towns to show the pride and joy on this historic occasion.
He added that there will be an event in the evening at the National Olympic Stadium which will go live on all television channels and online.
The Premier said, “The Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts and relevant institutions in cooperation with Phnom Penh City Hall and the Union of Youth Federations of Cambodia are trying to make it a big event. This is the moment we have to unite for our national honour and promote the cultural heritage. We must stay united regardless of political differences.”
- Koh Ker events a celebration of national prestige | Phnom Penh Post, 19 Sep 2023
- Cambodia officially celebrates Koh Ker Temple’s inscription on UNESCO’s World Heritage List | Khmer Times, 20 Sep 2023
- Cambodians celebrate listing of Koh Ker as UNESCO world heritage site | Xinhua, 20 Sep 2023
- Day of pride: PM leads nation in celebrating Koh Ker temple’s heritage listing | Khmer Times, 21 Sep 2023
- Le Cambodge célèbre l’inscription de Koh Ker au Patrimoine mondial | Le Petit Journal, 22 Sep 2023