French auction house Millon has deferred the auction of Nguyen Dynasty King Minh Mang’s 11-kg gold seal to Nov. 11 following the Vietnamese government’s intervention.
The postponement from the original date of Oct. 31 was made at the commencement of the Vietnam Art Sales session at Millon in Paris at 5 p.m. (Hanoi time).
“Due to the strong interest of the Vietnamese State for lot 101 gold seal of Emperor Minh Mang, we postpone the sale of this piece to Thursday, November 10, 2022 at noon,” the auction house stated on its website.
- Descendants of Nguyen Dynasty object to auction of Emperor’s gold seal | Vietnam Net. 30 Oct 2022
- French Auction of $3 Million Relic Delayed After Vietnam Pushback | Bloomberg, 1 Nov 2022
- Vietnam striving to repatriate imperial seal of Nguyen Dynasty | Vietnam Plus, 1 Nov 2022
- VN determined to bring back imperial golden seal home | Saigon Giai Phon, 1 Nov 2022
- A French Auction of a Royal Bronze Dragon Seal Has Been Halted by the Vietnamese Government | Artnet News, 2 Nov 2022
- Authorities working to recover imperial seal to be auctioned in France | Saigon Giai Phong, 3 Nov 2022