MA scholarship for Singapore citizens and permanent residentsm applicable for studies in archaeology and archaeological science. Closing date 30 March 2020.
The Tun Dato Sir Cheng-Lock Tan MA Scholarship supports local students with the opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies in Southeast Asian Studies, Political Science & International Relations, Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, History, Geography, Archaeology/Archaeological Science.
The Scholarship, funded by The Tun Dato Sir Cheng Lock Tan Trust Fund, is offered on an annual basis and administered by ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute.
Year 2020 Scholarship applications
Terms of Awards:
- The scholarship is tenable at reputable universities overseas or in Singapore
- Tuition and other compulsory fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Book allowance
- Conference/Fieldwork allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Return air passage (if applicable)
- Successful candidates will serve a one-year bond with ISEAS following the completion of their studies
- Be Singapore citizens or permanent residents
- Be in possession of a good honours degree (or professional qualifications of equivalent standing) in a relevant subject
- Have a consistently good academic record and
- Be prepared to take up courses and/or carry out research on Southeast Asia
Candidates who have already obtained university admission for 2020 and meet the above requirements are also eligible to apply. Applicants should submit a cover letter, full CV, two letters of reference, educational certificates and transcripts, a research proposal or a statement of purpose in pursuing the MA degree, and a passport-sized photograph. Please send applications to:
Head, AdministrationISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute30 Heng Mui Keng TerraceSingapore 119614Tel No: 67780955, Fax No: 67756264
Closing Date: 20 March 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified