Vietnam has moved to recgonise 12 more relics in its national register, including a bronze Dong son drum, the stele at the Temple of Literature, and a Mukalinga.
12 artefacts gain new status
Viet Nam Net, 14 January 2015
Vietnam names another 12 cultural, historical items national treasures
Tuoi Tre News, 15 January 2015
Close-up of seven newly recognized national treasures
Viet Nam Net, 17 January 2015
1. The Huu Chung bronze drum of the Dong Son Civilisation, currently on display at the Hai Duong Provincial Museum.
2. The Thanh Mai Bell which dates back to AD798. It is exhibited at the Ha Noi Museum.
3. A collection of 82 stone stelae commemorating royal court doctors who passed the royal examination from the 15th to 18th century. The steles, found at Ha Noi’s Temple of Literature, made it on to UNESCO’s list of world documentary heritage in 2010.
4. The Khon Nguyen Chi Duc Chi Bi stele from the 15th century still sits amidst the Lam Kinh historic site in Thanh Hoa Province.
5. A Thuy Mon Temple stele from 1670, currently housed at the Lang Son Provincial Museum.
6. The Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva (Thousand-Hand-Thousand-Eye) statue, dating back to the 16th century, can be seen at the Da Xuyen Pagoda in Da Ton Commune, Gia Lam District, Ha Noi.
7. A set of three Buddhist statues – the Amitabha Buddha, Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva of compassion and mercy, and the Mahasthamaprapta Bodhisattva representing the power of wisdom. The collection, dating back to the 17th century, is preserved in the Thay Pagoda in Sai Son Commune, Quoc Oai District, Ha Noi.
8. Buddhist statues of the Tay Son reign (1788-1802) from the Tay Phuong Pagoda in Thach Xa Commune, Thach That District, Ha Noi.
9. Linga with the Face of Shiva (Ekamukhalinga) is a carved stone of Indian culture that dates back to the 8th century and is housed by the My Son Sanctuary Management Board in Quang Nam Province.
10. Finely crafted railings from the 7th century, currently kept at the Nam Dinh Provincial Museum.
11. The MIG-21 jet fighter No 4324, responsible for shooting down 14 US aircrafts during the American airwar of destruction against North Viet Nam. The historic airplane is on display at the Viet Nam Military History Museum in Ha Noi.
12. The military strategic map entitled “Ho Chi Minh Campaign’s Determination”, was completed on April 21, 1975. The campaign led to the liberation of southern Viet Nam and the country’s unification on April 30, 1975. The map can also be found at the Viet Nam Military History Museum.
Full story here.