A Dong Son style drum was discovered in the northeast province of Thai Nguyen in Vietnam.
Xinhua, 16 April 2008
When upgrading a road in Dong Hy district, northern Thai Nguyen, the workers found the drum with a height of 30 cm, top diameter of36 cm, bottom diameter of 45 cm and weight of 12 kg. The Thai Nguyen Museum assumed that the bronze is 2,000-3,000 years old, and belongs to a period in the Dong Son Culture.
– The Bronze Age of Southeast Asia (Cambridge World Archaeology)
– Early Civilizations of Southeast Asia (Archaeology of Southeast Asia)
– Prehistory of the Indo-Malaysian Archipelago
– Early Cultures of Mainland Southeast Asia
– Ancient Chinese and Southeast Asian Bronze Age Cultures (2 Volume Set)
– The Archaeology of Mainland Southeast Asia: From 10,000 B.C. to the Fall of Angkor (Cambridge World Archaeology)
– The Bronze Dong Son Drums
– Dong Son Drums in Viet Nam