The Malaysian government expects the cities of Malacca and Penang to be included in the World Heritage Site register when the UNESCO committee meets in July.
photo credit: Pia888
Malacca and Penang likely to become world heritage sites in July
Malaysia Star, 02 April 2008
HOPES are high for Malacca and Penang to be listed as World Heritage Sites in July.
Malacca Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam said the state had fulfilled the required criteria for Unescoâ€™s consideration and was confident of a favourable outcome from the World Heritage Site Committee meeting later this year.
The Historic Centres of Malacca and Penang are currently listed in the World Heritage Sites’ Tentative list. Here’s to hoping that they make it!
– Malacca Sketchbook
– The medieval chronology of Malacca
– The history of Malacca during the period of the Malay Sultanate (Siri pelajaran menengah DBP ; bil 124)
– Old Malacca (Images of Asia)
– Old Penang (Images of Asia)
– Penang Sketchbook
– Penang: Through Gilded Doors