If you are a Samoan National or have a legal right to work in Samoa as per the law of the country, who is passionate and committed professional interested in administrative and programme support work of our Organization in the Pacific States, the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) would like to hear from you.
UNESCO is calling for consultancy to prepare a review of current Underwater Cultural Heritage (UCH)-related policies/legislation and programmes/initiatives in the five countries in Micronesia.
Expression of interest should contain the following information: Details regarding the consultant, including CV, referees, past experience in the area of work, and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and the requirements of this consultancy; availability; detailed workplan and budget; proposed consultancy fee. The expression of interest should be sent via email to: email@example.com COB 19 March 2018. UNESCO will only contact the successful bidder.
via Unesco, 21 September 2017: I was in Makassar last week to attend this meeting organised by Unesco and ASEAN. On the agenda was the 2001 convention on Underwater Cultural Heritage (of which only Cambodia is signatory to).
The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation and University of Hawaii welcome you to the Second Asia-Pacific regional conference on Underwater Cultural Heritage
– Date: 12-16 May 2014
– Location: Honolulu Hawaii
– Host organisations: National Marine Sanctuary Foundation; University of Hawaii Marine Option Program
This conference aims to:
– address management and protection strategies of underwater cultural heritage in Asia and the countries of the Indian and Pacific Oceans in the 21st Century
– facilitate regional cooperation through the development of academic and governmental networks in the Asia-Pacific region
– provide a forum for discussion of technical and ethical issues related to underwater cultural heritage and underwater archaeology
A wide range of people involved with underwater cultural heritage are encouraged to attend including those from universities, government agencies, museums, NGOs, IGOs, the private sector and the community. This conference follows the Inaugural Asian Academy for Heritage Management Asia-Pacific Regional Conference hosted by the National Museum of the Philippines, November 2011.
Theme and Session Submission Deadline: July 30, 2013
– Theme and session organizers shall submit theme or session descriptions via email to the APCONF session committee (Athiyaman Natarajan: firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.
Paper Abstract Submission Deadline: August 30, 2013
Paper Submission Deadline: October 30, 2013
I was on holiday when the Smithsonian announced that it would not be hosting the Belitung Shipwreck exhibition last month. Much inked has been spilled, particularly by commentators in Singapore decrying the decision. Here’s a roundup and my take.