via Phnome Penh Post, 14 August 2017: The APSARA Authority this week began evicting and demolishing illegal structures – many of them homes – in the Angkor Archaeological Park which were built in the last year. Local residents have begun to protest to the provincial government, but the orders to vacate and the threat of demolition have been made for several months now.
The Apsara Authority and Siem Reap provincial officials have demolished 49 homes out of 520 slated for removal within the Angkor Archaeological Park since Thursday, officials said yesterday.
Source: Apsara Authority continues removing homes in Angkor, National, Phnom Penh Post
via Phnom Penh Post, 11 August 2018: The authorities have been warning for some time now about dismantling illegal structures in the Angkor Park.
Authorities in Siem Reap province yesterday began tearing down villagers’ homes they say are illegally constructed inside the Angkor Archaeological Park’s protected zones.
Source: ‘Illegal’ Angkor homes dismantled in Siem Reap, National, Phnom Penh Post
via Cambodia Daily, 03 August 2017: Following on this news because it deals with the heritage laws around the Angkor Park. Armed forces will be helping the APSARA Authority during their exercise of razing illegal structures in the park area, following threats from local villagers. APSARA has been for the last few months warned about the impending demolition of illegal structures and have given a deadline that expires this week.
Following threats from villagers, armed military and police forces will help secure a team that will forcibly raze hundreds of improperly constructed homes and shops within protected areas of Angkor Archaeological Park, an official said on Wednesday.
Apsara Authority, the government entity charged with overseeing the park, on Tuesday announced an August 10 deadline for the removal of illegal structures.
Source: Armed Military Police to Join Apsara Authority for Razing – The Cambodia Daily