via the Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre. Position open for an archaeologist with a PhD. Applications close on 15 October 2018.
The Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre (NSC) invites Archaeologists to apply for the post of Visiting Fellow:
- Prepare and conduct the annual NSC Field School for undergraduate-level students in a Southeast Asian country.
- In-charge of editing and soliciting papers for the Archaeological Report Series.
- Conduct and publish original archaeological research on Southeast Asia while at NSC.
- Assist NSC in the organisation and management of conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Contribute to ISEAS collective research and public outreach efforts.
- A PhD. in Archaeology
- Expertise in Southeast Asian archaeology and/or premodern history.
- Experience in conducting archaeological excavations or field work in Southeast Asia.
- Good organisational and student-management skills.
- High level of editorial and writing skills in English.
- Ability to speak a Southeast Asian language preferred.
- Positive work attitude, great communication skills, and ability to work under tight schedule.
A remuneration package commensurate with experience and ability will be provided. Contract for two years with option for renewal. Those interested are invited to submit a cover letter; updated CV; research proposal; two sample writings; and two reference letters to: