KITLV-KNAW aims to be a world-class research institute for the interdisciplinary study of Southeast Asia and the Caribbean, with a focus on Indonesia and the ‘Dutch’ Caribbean. We are looking for two junior postdoctoral researchers
– have research experience in the field of the humanities or social sciences, on and in Southeast Asia or the Caribbean
– have completed a PhD thesis in one of these fields no earlier than February 2016
– have published at least one article in a peer-reviewed international journal
– speak at least one of the local languages of either of these areas
– preferably have affinity with new tools and research methods in audiovisual media and/or e-humanities
During their appointment the researchers:
– will conduct research within the following research clusters: State, Violence and Citizenship or Mobility and Belonging.
– are expected to prepare a project proposal which will be submitted to an external funding agency such as a NWO/VENI or ERC grant.
– will publish their thesis and write articles to be submitted to international peer reviewed journal