And now for something fun and different! Do you have an awesome archaeology-related photo that you’d like to share? This is a call for contributions for the first-ever Southeast Asian Archaeology Photo Exhibition, to be hosted on this site. Archaeology is a very visual field and the subjects come in all shapes and sizes. Certainly from my fieldwork I’ve got tons of snaps of sites, artefacts and figures and I’m sure many of you do too. I’m inviting you to share one (just one) photograph showcasing your favourite archaeological site, ongoing archaeological work, recent discoveries, or a brilliant photograph that your friends really ‘liked’ on Facebook. This is a first attempt at a curating a crowdsourced photography exhibition, and I’ll have the entries up next month. Details on how to contribute after the jump!
Here are the basic rules:
– The photo must be related to Southeast Asian Archaeology. It could be of a place, artefacts, fieldwork or people.
– Photo contributions must be your work and you have the permissions to share them.
– By sending a contribution to me, you are giving me permission to publish them on the website and the associated Facebook page and Twitter.
– Contributions should come with a name, affiliation (if any) and a caption to explain the photo.
– One contribution per person only. I want to showcase as many people’s work as possible, and if this takes off I might run it as a regular event.
– Deadline for contributions: 29 August 2014
Send your photos to me at firstname.lastname@example.org! (note the double-‘a’)