The University of the Philippines College of Mass Communication (CMC), in partnership with the College of Music (CMu), the College of Arts and Letters (CAL), the College of Fine Arts (CFA), and the Archaeological Studies Program, will be holding a conference with the theme “Intellectuals, the Public Arena, and the Nation.” The conference is scheduled on 22 to 24 September 2014, to be held at the University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines. The conference marks the 150th birth anniversary of Apolinario Mabini and Isabelo de los Reyes, two of the nation’s most important intellectuals. As the national university, the University of the Philippines is one with the Filipino people in celebrating their legacies.
Submission of abstracts for the “Intellectuals, the Public Arena, and the Nation” conference is extended to 30 JUNE 2014.
We are inviting proposals for paper presentations from the Philippine Archaeology Community for the archaeology panel on any of the following topics:
· History of ideas in Philippine archaeology
· The book and everyday objects in Philippine archaeology
· Performance as public arena in Philippine archaeology
· Archaeology in the Media and Society
· Archaeology enthusiasts as intellectuals
· Archaeology in the university and national life
· Organic intellectuals and people’s struggles in Philippine archaeology
· Archaeologists and Folk Culture
For inquiries, please contact Grace Barretto at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com