The National Marine Sanctuary Foundation and University of Hawaii welcome you to the Second Asia-Pacific regional conference on Underwater Cultural Heritage
– Date: 12-16 May 2014
– Location: Honolulu Hawaii
– Host organisations: National Marine Sanctuary Foundation; University of Hawaii Marine Option Program
This conference aims to:
– address management and protection strategies of underwater cultural heritage in Asia and the countries of the Indian and Pacific Oceans in the 21st Century
– facilitate regional cooperation through the development of academic and governmental networks in the Asia-Pacific region
– provide a forum for discussion of technical and ethical issues related to underwater cultural heritage and underwater archaeology
A wide range of people involved with underwater cultural heritage are encouraged to attend including those from universities, government agencies, museums, NGOs, IGOs, the private sector and the community. This conference follows the Inaugural Asian Academy for Heritage Management Asia-Pacific Regional Conference hosted by the National Museum of the Philippines, November 2011.
Theme and Session Submission Deadline: July 30, 2013
– Theme and session organizers shall submit theme or session descriptions via email to the APCONF session committee (Athiyaman Natarajan: firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration.
Paper Abstract Submission Deadline: August 30, 2013
Paper Submission Deadline: October 30, 2013
Please access to the Conference Web-site for further details, including Call for Papers/Sessions, Author’s Guidelines, etc: http://www.apconf.org/call-for/call-for-papers/
Dr. Hans Van Tilburg
on behalf of the APCONF 2014 Organizing Committee