Lenggong Valley becomes World Heritage Site; Perak Man to Return

During last weekend’s ceremony to officially recognise the Lenggong Valley as a World Heritage Site, Culture Minister Rais Yatim announced that the Perak Man skeleton will be moved from the National Museum in Kuala Lumpur to the Lenggong Valley, presumably after the appropriate infrastructure has been built within the next few years.

Perak Man, New Straits Times 20121002

Perak Man, New Straits Times 20121002

‘Perak Man’ to return to Lenggong where he was found, says Rais
The Star, 10 November 2012

Perak Man To Be Brought Home To Lenggong – Rais
Bernama, 10 November 2012

Perak celebrates Lenggong Valley’s status as Unesco’s world heritage site
The Malaysian Insider, 10 November 2012

The skeletal remains of Perak Man, now at the National Museum in Kuala Lumpur, are expected to be brought back to Lenggong Valley where they were unearthed in 1991.

“Hopefully, it can be done within the next two years,” said Information, Communications and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim on Saturday, adding that that it could be done only after a special container, built according to Unesco specification, was ready.

“It must ensure that it can maintain the right temperature to preserve the skeleton,” he told journalists after attending the ceremony to celebrate Lenggong Valley as an Unesco World Heritage Site here on Saturday.

He said that RM30mil had been allocated to upgrade and build facilities for exhibition centre, archaeology museum and the Lenggong Gallery.

Full story here.

Leave a Reply

  

  

  

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Links:louboutin pas chernike lebronair max femmeair max pas chernike air max pas chernike air max pas cherair max classicnike air max pas cherair max 1 femmenike air max pas chernike air max pas chernike pas cher