The Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development is a new journal launching next year and is currently calling for papers.
The new Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development (JCHMSD), is currently considering papers for inclusion in its first issue launching in 2011. The double-blind peer reviewed journal is edited by Ana Pereira Roders, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, and Ron van Oers, UNESCO World Heritage Centre, France. It stimulates and encourages research devoted to the sustainable development of cultural heritage and to the positive contribution of cultural heritage management towards a sustainable environment.
Coverage includes, but is not limited to:
* Cultural heritage – assessment, management, marketing and publicity, tangible and intangible dimensions
* Sustainable development – preservation, conservation, restoration, rehabilitation, reconstruction, demolition, best practices, unsustainable development and consequent threats e.g. urban developments, large-scale agriculture, mining activity
* Cultural heritage and sustainable development – legislation, Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment, effects of climate change, ecological sustainability, social sustainability, economic sustainability
* The role of research and scholarship
* Teaching & curriculum development
Submission guidelines and more information can be found here.