Hindus around the world celebrate the Festival of Lights, or Diwali, over the past weekend, and so we have a couple of Hindu-Indian themed posts in this week’s edition of Rojak.
photo credit: magiceye
- How has Indian influences permeated Filipino culture? Find out in .
- The Hindu celebration of Diwali has just passed, and this article takes a look at the Hindu temples in Malaysia.
- A historian recounts Thailand’s selective memory when it comes to Preah Vihear.
- Take a look at the Khmer Archaeological Society for some of the latest in archaeological research in Cambodia. (Thanks to Alison for the link)
- Heyzanie blogs about catching the sunset at Bakheng and climbing steep flights of stairs.
- And finally, it looks like the culture wars plaguing Malaysia and Indonesia has come to an end, or least, some sort of peace accord with a signing of a .
In this series of occasional rojaks (published on Wednesdays) I feature other sites in the blogosphere that are related to archaeology and culture in Southeast Asia. Got a recommendation for the next Wednesday rojak? Email me!