No, I haven’t forgotten about our weekly salad mix of Southeast Asia – it’s just been a quiet two weeks with only these two stories to offer:
- Greg Laden, blogging about peer-reviewed research, posts something on the recent PNAS article about Taiwanese nephrite (jade) showing up all over ancient Southeast Asia. Check out the map to get an idea of the distribution.
- Kunta Yuni reflects on the recent furore over Malaysia stealing Indonesia’s cultural heritage by transposing the argument to food.
In this series of weekly rojaks (published on Wednesdays) Iâ€™ll feature other sites in the blogosphere that are of related to archaeology in Southeast Asia. Got a recommendation for the next Wednesday rojak? Email me!
– Burnished Beauty. The Art of Stone in Early Southeast Asia by C. J. Frape
– Early History (The Encyclopedia of Malaysia) by Nik Hassan Shuhaimi Nik Abdul Rahman (Ed)
– Ancient History (The Indonesian Heritage Series) by Indonesian Heritage