21 April 2007 (Antara) – The greatest Buddhist monument on the face of the earth becomes the subject of a visual art exhibition to held in Jogjakarta from April 20 to May 9.
Indonesia, Unesco hold expo on Borobudur temple
Indonesia`s Cultural and Tourism Ministry and The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) organized a visual art exhibition entitled `The Thousand Mysteries of Borobudur` in Yogyakarta.
“This expo marks the revival of Borobudur through visual art performances from various works of arts,” Jogja Gallery Curator Mikke Susanto said when opening the exhibition at the Jogja Gallery, here late Friday.
The expo displays various paintings, statues, graphics, photography, and videos depicting the Borobudur Temple.
Visitors of the exhibition could get a picture about the Borobudur Temple in the past, before and after the restoration.
The exhibition will last from April 20 to May 9, 2007, at the Jogja Gallery, Yogyakarta northern square.
– The Restoration of Borobudur (World Heritage Series)
– The Lost Temple of Java (History/Journey’s Into the Past) by P. Grabsky
– The Mysteries of Borobudur: Discover Indonesia Series by J. N. Miksic
– Borobudur by L. Frederic and J. Nou
– Borobudur: Golden Tales of the Buddhas (Periplus Travel Guides) by J. Miksic